Salads during the winter typically fall in the ‘meh’ department. So instead of just your average kale, we’re spicing it up. Kale three ways and lots of different texture and flavors!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups dino kale
- 1 cup curly kale, raw
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup pomegranates
- 1/2 cup kale chips
- dressing: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp honey, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper
- combine kale in a large bowl and cover with dressing. Massage into kale and put aside.
- for kale chips – preheat oven to 400F. Massage avocado oil into curly kale and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutritional yeast. Bake for 10 minutes, turn over with spatula and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- for brussels: saute on stove top with avocado oil with spices of choice: I did garlic powder, salt, pepper. I sautéed on medium heat for ~10 minutes, until browned.
- in a separate pan, fry shallots in 2 tbsp avocado oil until browned.
- Next, combine all: kale salad as the base and add Brussels sprouts, goat cheese, shallots, pomegranate seeds, kale chips!