This recipe is so simple, such a staple, and just downright seggsy. If you ever find yourself with leftover vegetables and zero creative power for meal making, this is your savior, your light in the darkness. I also usually eat it right out of the pan, meaning minimal clean up.
What you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- olive oil spray / olive oil for the pan
- onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- handful of tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh kale
- optional add-ons: sprouts, avocado, pesto, kimchi, sauerkraut
- Set oven to high broil.
- Add olive oil and carrots to the pan. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion to the pan. Sauté until onion is soft and browned.
- Add bell pepper and tomatoes, sautéing until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add kale. Saute until wilted, about a minute.
- Create 3 holes in the pan and crack eggs.
- Let sit on the stove top for 2 minutes.
- Put in oven on high broil for around 3 minutes, or until eggs have set.