GOOD MORNING!! And if it’s not yet, it’s about to be with these muffins. Their original title is “empty out your fridge / pantry muffins”. Took a BUNCH of pantry ingredients and a few forlorn items from the refrigerator to combine them into these fluffy, nourishing, spice-y muffins. Not spicy as in temperature hot, spicy as in a magical combination of warming spices. Let’s skip the small talk and head right into the recipe, yes?
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 5 tsp water whisked together for 3-5 minutes, until a thick slurry forms)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
Get down to business:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another.
- Combine wet with dry.
- Fold in almond, chocolate chips, grated carrots, and chopped apples.
- Scoop into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes.