Today I was walking home from the grocery store and to my hands’ dismay, forgot gloves. Took me 3x longer than usual to get home because I had to stop, drop, and warm up the hands every 1.5 minutes. So yeah, winter is really fun and I’m having a blast. It can be a drag to venture out, but here’s what’s on my activity line-up for the upcoming months. This list is specific to Boston, but can easily translate to most cities!
12 things do in Boston in wintertime
- Go ice skating! You can do this at either Frog Pond in Beacon Hill, The Rink outside of Timeout Market or Snowport in Seaport.
- See a comedy show. Improv Asylum, Laugh Boston, and Improv Boston in Cambridge all have shows with great ratings.
- Go see a movie. I’ve got Arc Light Cinema theatre on my to do list (extra wide seats and no commercials). I also love The Coolidge Corner theatre in Brookline!
- Start a book club with friends!
- Head to a food hall and walk around / eat. I love Timeout Market and Boston Public Market.
- Go rock climbing at Brooklyn Boulders then grab a beer at Aeronaut Brewery in Somerville.
- Head to Lamplighter Brewery and play a board game with friends. They have both coffee and beer selections, as well as food served by Pepita Coffee.
- Host a dinner party for friends.
- Learn how to salsa dance at Havana Salsa Club in Cambridge (Friday and Saturday nights, 21+).
- Go cross country skiing. Weston Ski Track, Blue Hills Reservation, and Great Brook Ski Center are all on my to-do list.
- Head to the heated igloo bar at Envoy Hotel’s Lookout Rooftop bar.
- Head to The Courtyard Tea room at the Boston Public Library for glamorous afternoon tea.
- Head to a drag show at Jacque’s Caberet. I went for my birthday last year and it was an absolute blast!