I’m quickly approaching the one month mark of starting my job, which means I’ll have to start meal prepping pretty seriously again. This one took under 30 minutes, and just a few pans. Super simple ingredients and clean up for a win-win!
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 bell peppers (mixed colors)
- 1 cup shredded 3 cheese blend
- spices: 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp hot sauce of choice
- optional topping: cilantro
Get to it:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dice onion and sauté on stove top.
- Slice peppers in half and remove pits and seeds.
- Sprinkle with avocado oil, salt, and pepper and place in oven.
- Continue sautéing onions until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and spices and hot sauce (if you have pre-made taco seasoning, this works too).
- Stir on stove top until turkey is browned and cooked throughout.
- Remove peppers from oven and stuff ground turkey mixture inside.
- Top with cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese is melted, ~5 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro.