I’m not exactly sure what to call this. Maybe a chickpeazza? Because it’s made with chickpea flour and just a few other ingredients. Technically, it’s called socca but whatever you want to call it, it’s certainly a soccaulent way to start your day. Or end your day. Or have in the middle of your day. The base provides the perfect vehicle for any meal, any time, any where. Recipe below!
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Mix water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, chickpea flour, salt, pepper, and herbs into a bowl. Whisk until clumps are gone. Let mixture stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (235°C).
- In a cast iron pan, saute the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in chickpea batter mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup packed basil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup parsley
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Toss all ingredients in food processor and blend!