2020 was extREMely challenging in the REM department. I’ve spent a lot of time tossing and turning and it’s taken active and careful effort to try to get back to zZzZzz baseline. Heading into the new year, I’ve come up with a few tips that have been helpful. And I’ve now teamed up with PureCare to bring you 8 tips that have been extremely pivotal for my sleep cycle, and share with you the details of the bedding I have been using which has definitely helped me get a deeper, better sleep.
PureCare creates cleaner, more hygienic sleep solutions enhanced with responsive fabrics. PureCare’s collection of sleep wellness products are designed to be mixed and matched in order to create the ideal sleep environment for each individual’s needs. Their products are designed with a unique “plus” side: responsive fabrics that enhance your sleep and deliver wellness benefits that support your lifestyle. Plus, PureCare’s sleep essentials are the official bedding products of the National Sleep Foundation – so they KNOW sleep.
8 tips for sleep during debatably the most anxious time of your life.
- Increase the relaxation by adding in a weighted blanket. The PureCare Zensory Weighted Blanket & Cover provides gentle, contoured compression that unifies your body and mind in the journey toward sleep. Wrapped in lush velveted fleece and a refreshing TencelTM, the Zensory collection is designed to provide a deeper sense of calm. I love my weighted blanket even when reading and preparing for beed to relax myself. You can also get the Zensory weighted blanket cover for a discounted rate as a part of PureCare’s relaxation bundle.
- Alternate nostril breathing: This can be incredibly relaxing and help immediately induce the parasympathetic nervous system, aka rest and digest. To do: hover your right thumb on your right nostril and your ring finger over your left. Shut your eyes, and close off your right nostril with the right thumb. Breathe slowly and deeply through your left. Next, block your left nostril with your left ring finger and exhale through the right nostril.
- Aromatherapy! Bring relaxing scents into the bedroom – bonus points if they can be nestled right in your pillow! The PureCare Aromatherapy Pillow Protector provides a 360° barrier for your pillow against moisture, allergens, bed bugs, dust mites, mold, mildew, and stains. The protector also comes with two natural lavender bud scented sachets that easily attach to the inside of your protector and provide subtle, soft scent for up to three months.
- Cool the bedroom down: Either physical cool your room down by dropping it a few degrees at night or try using a PureCare Cooling SoftCell® Latex Pillow: Reversible and adjustable, the patented SoftCell pillows keep heat from accumulating in the material surrounding the body, providing a refreshingly cooler sleep surface. Not only is this the perfect huggable pillow given its length (I have the king size and it’s like a body pillow – so nice for those like me who have lower back pain), but the temperature cooling technology is a game changer. No more turning your pillow over and over in the middle of the night for a cooling and calming refresh. The pillow is naturally ~chill~ all night long. PLUS a 3 year warranty. Can’t beat it.
- Keeping the routine (even on the weekends): The best way to avoid a sleep hangover on the weekends is to try to keep a routine during the week. That way, my body is accustomed to gearing up and winding down at around the same time every day.
- Pretend you’re in a hotel! Get new bed sheets, change the laundry detergent, and envision you’re in an entirely new environment! Hotel sleep always seems to be better, no? I have the PureCare Soft Touch Sheet Set – the lightweight touch of Modal and premium long staple cotton in a sateen woven blend. I have a pretty thick mattress, so finding a sheet set with good depth is a challenge. PureCare keeps this intention in mind, and I no longer have to fight to drag one corner over my mattress as the corner at the opposite end pops back off. The sheet set hugs my mattress effortlessly, and making my bed after washing my sheets has never been easier. The texture is also divine and like sleeping on silky-soft cozy delight.
- Light exposure first thing in the morning: This can be in the form of a light lamp or just getting outside for 10-15 minutes in the morning (bonus points for taking your shoes off and getting those feet immersed in nature!). Not only does this help with melatonin release, the sunlight not only helps the brain make serotonin (happy molecule!), but can also decrease melatonin production in the morning and therefore decrease fatigue.
- When the mind starts racing, try gently smiling. This forces you to try to turn the frustration button off and relax a little! ☺
The above products are all a part of PureCare’s Relaxation Bundle and work together to provide a fully renewed home wellness routine when it comes to sleep! What I love about the bundles from PureCare is that it gives you the opportunity to save wayy more (up to 40%!!) for the products that all work together to give better sleep. The Relaxation Bundle includes the products above (Aromatherapy Pillow Protector, Soft Touch Modal Sheet Set, 15 lb weighted blanket, weighted blanket cover, and Cooling SoftCell Chill Pillow), but there are other bundles, including the Cooling Bundle and Recovery bundle that I recommend checking out!
There’s other opportunities to save as well – Mix, match and save when you enhance your sleep environment with PureCare’s full collection of premium bedding essentials:
○ Any 2 items: 15% off entire purchase
○ Any 3-4 items: 25% off entire purchase
○ Any 5+ items: 40% off entire purchase
Look for the “+”: The Sheets +, Pillows +, Protectors +, and Weighted Blankets + seamlessly weave benefits like cooling, recovery and aromatherapy into your sleep routine. This includes break-through fabrics like FDA determined Celliant® infrared responsive textiles.
Thank you to PureCare for supporting my work and sponsoring this post. I wouldn’t be able to do what I love without the support of companies I adore and respect!