It’s so important for me to give you guys one pot meals. Because cooking shouldn’t be about spending enormous amounts of time in the kitchen. It should be about quick, easy and simple ways to enhance your mood and health. Spending just 30 min to an hour in meditation, creating something flavorful and nutrient dense with your hands. The goal is more productive time in the kitchen, which doesn’t mean more time. So that you can go and do the things you love while feeling like your best and most energized self! Okay enough, chatting, recipe below!
- 1 package organic chicken breast
- 1 package wild caught shrimp
- 1 pound mussels
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/2 cup each of yellow peppers, orange peppers, red peppers (save the rest of snacking)
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 lemons
- 1 package rice (I used Right Rice – not sponsored, I just really love this stuff. You could also use brown, white, or paella rice)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup artichokes
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- spices: salt, pepper, paprika
- In a large pot over medium heat, pour 1 tbsp olive oil and add diced onion to the pan. Stir until translucent.
- Add garlic and chicken and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is browned on both sides, add 2 cups chicken broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, and juice of 1 lemon. Also add peppers, paprika, and saffron, and a bit more salt and pepper. Place lid on pot.
- After simmering for ~5 minutes, add in cauliflower rice and rice of choice. Turn heat down to low, and place the lid on the pot. Let simmer for ~15 minutes.
- Once finished, add shrimp and mussels, and replace lid on pot for another ~5-10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and mussels are open.
- Add artichokes, parsley, and lemon wedges.
- Let cool and serve.