What do you get when you’re craving French toast but with savory toppings? savory French toast. and that’s all I have to say about that.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth (vegetable broth would also work)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped basil
- optional: mozzarella and balsamic glaze
- 1 egg (on top)
- mix together eggs with bone broth and spices.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Saute on stove top for ~2 minutes each side, until lightly browned
- Serve with toppings of choice. I went with egg, avocado, sautéed tomatoes and arugula. SO GOOD