Oh, breakfast how I love thee. Let me count the ways. Okay I won’t literally count, but you’re gonna wanna start a countdown to breakfast now that you have this on the brain. Ready in under 5 minutes with all the breakfast nutrient essentials: protein, fiber, healthy fats – sure to satiate all morning.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tortilla (I used Siete Foods Casava)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup (handful) kale
- cheese of choice (optional)
- spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder
Get to it:
- Spray non-stick pan (I love the OurPlace pan)
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together with spices of choice (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- Pour eggs in the pan and sauté on medium heat.
- Sprinkle cheese of choice on top if you’d like.
- Spread 1tbsp pesto on tortilla of choice.
- After 1-2 minutes of eggs cooking, place pesto tortilla face down on the egg / cheese mixture.
- Flip entire egg/tortilla mixture over and fill with toppings (I used kale – feel free to use dairy free cheese if you wannttttttt)
- Fold quesadilla in half, press down with spatula and cook for ~30 seconds. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Top with avocado and basil.