This is the nerd version of a shelfie. Not beauty or pantry products, but books. It is my compilation of health-related reads that I’ve amassed in 27 years (an ever-growing list). Some of them are mentioned on my frequently asked questions page, but this is a more comprehensive list, divided by category. I hope it’s helpful, and feel free to leave some of your favorites in the comments section below!
- The Food-Mood Solution – Jack Challem
- The Happiness Diet – Tyler Graham & Dr. Drew Ramsey, M.D.
- The Brain Fog Fix – Dr. Mike Dow, M.D (thank you Kennedy for this amazing gift!!!!!)
- The Psychology of Eating and Drinking – Alexandra W. Logue
- Integrative Psychiatry and Brain Health – Monti & Newberg
- The Mindful Diet – Ruth G. Wolever and Beth Reardon
- Mindful Eating – Jan Chosen Bays
- Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole
- A Mind of Your Own – Dr. Kelly Brogan, M.D
- Total Recovery: Solving the mystery of chronic pain and depression – Dr. Gary Kaplan, D.O.
- The Microbiome Solution: A radical new way to heal your body from the inside out – Dr. Robyn Chutkan, M.D.
- Missing Microbes: How the overuse of antibiotics is fueling our modern plagues – Marin Blaser, M.D.
- I Contain Multitudes – Ed Yong
- The Microbiome Diet: The scientifically proven way to restore your gut health and achieve permanent weight loss – Raphael Kellman
- Integrative Gastroenterology – Gerald E Mullin
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility – Toni Weschler
- Womancode – Alisa Vitti
- The Hormone Cure – Dr. Sara Gottfried, M.D.
- Integrative Women’s Health – Victoria Maizes & Tieraona Low Dog
for a whole list of book regarding women’s health, check out my comprehensive post of resources for women’s health
- Deep Nutrition – Catherine Shanahan, M.D.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma – Michael Pollan
- The Immune System Recovery Plan – Dr. Susan Blum, M.D.
- Body Love – Kelly Leveque
- A Comprehensive Review for the certification and recertification examination for Physician Assistants – Claire Babcock O’Connell & Thea Cogan-Drew
- PANCE Prep Pearls
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS (great for case based studies / preparing for rotations and simulations)
- Nutritional Medicine – Alan Gaby
- Clinical Naturopathy – Sarris, Wardle
- Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy – Bone & Mills
- Textbook of Functional Medicine – The Institute of Functional Medicine
- Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Tradition and Modern Nutrition – Paul Pitchford
- Cecil Essentials of Medicine
My side of me that geeks out over good health reads (read: every side of me) is singing looking over this list
Haha fellow nerd bombs unite!! xo
I LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS – so hard to find good info outside of my college curriculum (sometimes inside), so thank you!
– a fan of yours & a nutrition student
Aw thanks Megan! So happy you’re finding it useful!
I haven’t read any of these books but Woman Code has been on my list for a while!! So many people have recommended it and it looks so helpful. From this list I’d also like to read The Brain Fog Fix!
Both were such great reads!! Thanks for the input, Beatrice!!
I had the same phytotherapy book for my herbology nutrition class in my masters program and I LOVED IT. so much good stuff inside. totally geeked out over how cool a textbook was hahaha haven’t read any of the other ones on the shelf but looking forward to adding them to my list 🙂