This is the nerd version of a shelfie. Not beauty or pantry products, but books. It is my compilation of health-related reads that I’ve amassed in 27 years (an ever-growing list). Some of them are mentioned on my frequently asked questions page, but this is a more comprehensive list, divided by category. I hope it’s helpful, and feel free to leave some of your favorites in the comments section below!
- The Food-Mood Solution – Jack Challem
- The Happiness Diet – Tyler Graham & Dr. Drew Ramsey, M.D.
- The Brain Fog Fix – Dr. Mike Dow, M.D (thank you Kennedy for this amazing gift!!!!!)
- The Psychology of Eating and Drinking – Alexandra W. Logue
- Integrative Psychiatry and Brain Health – Monti & Newberg
- The Mindful Diet – Ruth G. Wolever and Beth Reardon
- Mindful Eating – Jan Chosen Bays
- Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole
- A Mind of Your Own – Dr. Kelly Brogan, M.D
- Total Recovery: Solving the mystery of chronic pain and depression – Dr. Gary Kaplan, D.O.
- The Microbiome Solution: A radical new way to heal your body from the inside out – Dr. Robyn Chutkan, M.D.
- Missing Microbes: How the overuse of antibiotics is fueling our modern plagues – Marin Blaser, M.D.
- I Contain Multitudes – Ed Yong
- The Microbiome Diet: The scientifically proven way to restore your gut health and achieve permanent weight loss – Raphael Kellman
- Integrative Gastroenterology – Gerald E Mullin
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility – Toni Weschler
- Womancode – Alisa Vitti
- The Hormone Cure – Dr. Sara Gottfried, M.D.
- Integrative Women’s Health – Victoria Maizes & Tieraona Low Dog
for a whole list of book regarding women’s health, check out my comprehensive post of resources for women’s health
- Deep Nutrition – Catherine Shanahan, M.D.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma – Michael Pollan
- The Immune System Recovery Plan – Dr. Susan Blum, M.D.
- Body Love – Kelly Leveque
- A Comprehensive Review for the certification and recertification examination for Physician Assistants – Claire Babcock O’Connell & Thea Cogan-Drew
- PANCE Prep Pearls
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS (great for case based studies / preparing for rotations and simulations)
- Nutritional Medicine – Alan Gaby
- Clinical Naturopathy – Sarris, Wardle
- Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy – Bone & Mills
- Textbook of Functional Medicine – The Institute of Functional Medicine
- Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Tradition and Modern Nutrition – Paul Pitchford
- Cecil Essentials of Medicine