- I find trying new products exhilarating (sad, but true)
- It forces me into mindfulness. It’s such a lavish way to kickstart or wind down a day.
- I’m noticing a LOT of sunspots and discoloration lately.
It’s weird. The moment I turned 28 I felt like the aging process accelerated. The eye wrinkles and forehead furrow really started to occupy permanent real estate on my face, likely amplified by a very stressful past few years. Which is okay! All part of getting older. And with getting older comes the ultimate satisfaction of cementing the highly coveted Adult Skincare Routine (all caps to emphasize importance).
So I’ve stepped up the skincare, and am talking about a few of my favorite products below. And also included my current AM and PM skincare routine.
- Kari Gran essential cleansing oil ($38): This is the oil cleanser I use every evening. Good for all skin types including dry, mature, sensitive, blemish-prone, combination and normal. It’s a pretty decent size so lasts me awhile, especially because I only wash my face once daily at night. It also smells AMAZING and they tout a fragrance that is “radically transparent,” aka all fragrance ingredients are disclosed to you. It can also be used as a shaving oil or makeup remover!
- Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm ($22): I absolute LOVE this when I come from a full face of make-up. Which these days is very slim. But after a dance performance it is KEY. Literally just melts away. I don’t use it very often because I’m not regularly wearing tons of make-up, so the small size is perfect!
- Frank and Whit toner ($19.95): Love the smell of this toner and that it’s alcohol free so doesn’t feel harsh, drying, and stinging. A delightful combination of cucumber, hibiscus, sweet orange, and witch hazel, which balances the pH and rehydrates skin. Code LEMONS for 20% off!
- Beauty Mystic Rose Quartz Infused Face Mist ($20): Another favorite from a local lady – my friend Jeannie who did a face massage lesson with us over on IGTV! Love the light rose scent and that the organic rose hydrosol is infused with real rose quartz crystal that’s made and reiki charged by Jeannie in Marblehead, MA! Cool factor infinity!!!
- cocokind Texture Smoothing Cream ($20): I love the light and fresh smell of this and just how smooth it goes on. I use it most days before my facial oil. You can also get the bundle including the pore refining concentrate here for $32).
- Brown + Coconut face oil ($28): this brand is local to Boston and is founded by sisters so it automatically has a very special place in my heart and on my face. The smell is divine (argan, rosehip, and essential oils), goes on so smooth, and deeply moisturizers. I love using it after their brightening face polish. Makes my face baby soft!
- Noel Herbal Skincare Face Oil ($68). This is a local little number from my friend Shannon’s skincare line. It contains a blend of calendula flowers, chamomile, helichrysum & marshmallow. It’s relatively odorless and little scent you do smell (described as a herbaceous maple syrup), is from the slow infusion of the plants under the sun. How cool is that! *No toxic ingredients, no preservatives, no synthetics, no fragrances, no unnecessary fillers, hand crafted with thoughtful intent.
- Brighten Up Vitamin C Serum ($54). Love how light this goes on. Aimed to brighten and firm skin while lightening dark spots and softening fine lines and wrinkles.
- Heliotropic: SPF 30 Treatment Primer ($75). Expensive but the jar lasts a really long time – months and months. High % zinc only SPF, non of that white ghost sheen, not greasy, and also not drying.
- Alpyn Beauty Plantgenius Line-Filling Eye Balm ($62): Love how smooth this goes on. A little goes a very long way and also lasts months.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel ($88 for 30 treatments). This is a newer purchase for me and something I started incorporating because I was seeing a lot of dark spots and pigmentation from prior sun exposure. I noticed a difference almost right away. It’s a “patented two-step anti-aging AHA/BHA peel pad pre-dosed with seven acids to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, pores, and shine.” With over 3500 five start reviews on Sephora. I’m hooked. Was majorly influenced by Britt St. George for this (founder and CEO of my management company Smith + Saint. She is my skincare GURU and I just love her recommendations).
- Brown and Coconut brightening face polish ($19): a scrub that can also be used as a mask with the most vibrant color in my cabinet. The smell is a mix of earthy oats and floral hibiscus and leaves my complexion silky soft and radiant.
- cocokind Chlorophyll Mask ($19): I love this mask for its versatility. The smell is mild yet so clean and energizing. It’s so easy to mix right in your hand, where you can control how thick you want it. The mask “purifies, boosts complexion, and visibly de-puffs and soothes,” likely due to the ingredients of organic spirulina, wheatgrass and chlorella.
- Summer Fridays R+R Mask ($52): Okay these products are HYPED. I’ve seen this one and the jet lag mask EVERYWHERE. I haven’t tried the jet lag mask and hope to do so soon. I’d recommend starting with the travel size ($24) to see if you like it. I really, really like this mask at night. It’s lightly exfoliating, smells of roses, and leaves my skin feeling super smooth.
- Frank and Whit face scrub ($21.95). I’ll use this a few times a week in the morning to help wake me up and take off some of that dead skin. So invigorating and love the smell! Brown sugar, vanilla, and tea tree.
- cocokind Resurfacing Sleep Mask ($22): Love how smooth this goes on. I use it a few times a week before bed. The mask uses something called bakuchiol, which is a plant-derived retinol alternative traditionally used in chinese and ayurvedic medicine. It “reduces the look of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and discoloration, while also increasing your skin’s suppleness.”
- Egyptian Magic ($26): I keep this on hand for when I’m feeling SUPER dry. It’s incredibly moisturizing, great for sensitive skin, and is great for really dry skin areas like elbows and hands. Ingredients include: honey, beeswax, olive oil, royal jelly, bee pollen and bee propolis.
- Rose Quartz Gua Sha ($24.95): My goal is to do this daily to tighten up those facial muscles. Reminds me to chill and physically forces me to kneed out those jaw muscles. Code LEMONS for 20% off!
- Rose Quartz Facial Roller ($29.95): I used to keep mine in the freezer but Jeannie schooled me and said it can loosen the glue and cause it to break. So I now roll away at room temp. So relaxing! Code LEMONS for 20% off!
- Honest Hazel Eye Gel packs ($12 for 3): love how cool these feel under the eyes after a long day of screen work. Definitely not an every day thing but sometimes will bring on a long flight, after sun exposure, or when my skin feels really dry. Aimed to reduce puffiness, brighten dark circles, firm fine lines and hydrate the delicate under-eye skin.
- Ray of Light Sea Salt Sun Spray ($24): This gives me the beachiest beach waves and I love it! A trip to the ocean without driving anywhere which really hits home these days.
- Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment ($16): I use this out of the shower and it honestly doubles as perfume. Smells INCREDIBLE. A combination of coconuts, olives, and almonds, which sounds a little weird but is really just a lotta magic. Aimed to control frizz, repair damage, and soften / enhance shine. I use it after the shower and on the ends in between washes. I buy the 1 oz small size and it lasts me awhile! Plus easy to travel with.
- Primally Pure Deodorant ($16): Love the smell of this and really works for me! Tons of 5 star reviews so clearly works for others, too. code LEMONS for 10% off
- Primally Pure Lemongrass Body Oil ($42): So smooth and soothing and just love, love, love the smell. code LEMONS for 10% off
- Frank and Whit Body Serum ($38.95). The smell of vanilla, lavender, and bergamot all in one! Perfect for a wind down to your day to ease into relaxation and sleep. Code LEMONS for 20% off.
- Beam CBD Topical ($60): I use this for sore muscles, but more importantly period cramps! Genuinely helps bring them from a piercing scream to a low rumbly roar.
- Heretic Dirty Lemon ($65): Felt like this absolutely had to be my signature scent given the name. A little sneak peek of the flavor profile: cold-pressed lemon, Italian bergamot, lime and bitter citrus leaves are sullied with ylang-ylang, sexy patchouli, Australian sandalwood, juniper and feisty black pepper. YUM! Sexy is right.
Daytime Skincare Routine
- warm wash cloth
- Frank and Whit Toner (code LEMONS for 20% off)
- Beauty Mystic Rose Quartz Infused Face Mist ($26)
- Brighten Up Vitamin C Serum ($54) or the Cocokind Vitamin C serum ($18)
- Brown + Coconut face oil ($28) or Frank and Whit serum (39.95) (code LEMONS for 20% off)
- cocokind Texture Smoothing Cream ($18) (when I’m feeling dry and in the winter)
- Heliotropic: SPF 30 Treatment Primer ($75) or Cocokind Sunscreen ($24):
- Primally Pure charcoal deodorant: code LEMONS for 10% off
Nighttime Skincare Routine
- Frank and Whit cleanser ($29.95) code LEMONS for 20% off
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel ($88)
- Summer Fridays R+R Mask ($52)
- Brown + Coconut face oil ($28) or Frank and Whit serum (39.95) (code LEMONS for 20% off)
- Cocokind Revitalizing Eye cream ($18)
- Rose Quartz Gua Sha / Rose Quartz Facial Roller (code LEMONS for 20% off)
A Few Times a Week
- Frank and Whit face scrub in the morning or Brown and Coconut brightening face polish
- cocokind Resurfacing Sleep Mask at night
Once a Week
- A face mask! I love the cocokind Chlorophyll Mask or any of the Frank and Whit masks
- Honest Hazel Eye Gel pack
**some of these links are affiliate links and I make a portion of the sale. None of the above brands are sponsored.