This breakfast would mark chapter 16 in the book I may start working on titled Skillet Love Affairs. Alternate titles include: Skilling Me Softly and (skil)LET’S GO TO THE KITCHEN...still TBD. All other chapters would simply be pictures of breakfasts and brussels sprouts and brownies also made in skillets. I love my skillet. Ode to skillet. Here is a recipe in a skillet.
- few handfuls arugula
- 1 pepper
- 1 carton cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 carton mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- spices: salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder
SKILLET’S GO TO THE KITCHEN:
- put oven on high broil
- chop onion and sauté until browned
- while sautéing, chop pepper and mushrooms and add to the pan when onions are done. add garlic.
- whisk together all eggs in a separate bowl and add in spices
- add arugula to vegetable pan and let wilt down for about a minute or two, continuing to stir
- add eggs and let sit for 3-4 minutes
- put in oven for 5 minutes or until top is cooked through (should be firm to the touch)
- slice and enter into oral cavity.