Mother’s Day is especially difficult this year when we’re all so far away from families (both the families we’re born into and those we created for ourselves). So my gift guide is geared towards distancing, with a variety of price points included. 20 ideas for mom or honestly whomever (yourself included) below!
- Ceramics: what better way to have a warm morning cup of coffee than in a cute ceramic mug! A few of my favorite artists below.
- New platewear: Since everyone’s cooking more, may as well get excited about what the food goes on. I love pretty much everything from Our Place, but especially the plates! Durable but they look super fancy (code LEMONS10 for $10 off).
- Dutch oven: Everyone and their mother is fine tuning their bread baking game, so why not get mom a dutch oven for said bread. They’re on the pricier side, so a great gift to split! Especially since they have such a long shelf life and will be used on the regular for years to come. I love this one (all black chic – $95) and this one if you have a higher budget ($199). And still yet this one
- A barista(currently 20% off at $80)! While coffee out of the house isn’t as frequent, why not bring the barista to the kitchen. I’ve been using this one, and I love it! Makes such a hefty amount of foam and serves so many purposes. It even brews hot and cold brew coffee!
- Espresso maker ($35): A little mini espresso maker that takes up no counter space at all and is so cute it should be on display at all times.
- Tea organizer: The tea cabinet is always an organizational nightmare, and this container is the solution! And currently on sale for $17.59.
- New bedsheets ($179): since many of us are spending a bit more time around the house (and let’s be honest, in bed, too), why not surprise mom with some new bedsheets! I love these ones from Sol Organix. They’re 100% organic, and “soft, smooth, and sustainable.”
- A weighted blanket: this is like giving your mom a hug when you can’t physically be there. Love these ones from Bearaby because they’re both sustainable and machine washable. They’re also super chic and you can’t even tell it’s a weighted blanket!
- Sleep mat ($99.95): give your loved one the gift of better understanding their sleep data! Love this one from Withings. (Code KATIE for 20% off full price products – code valid until December 31, 2020)!
- New loungewear: Because let’s face it, who’s wearing jeans or business casual anymore. I’ve been living in these navy Terez joggers ($108) and hoodie ($108). I also love this onesie from Amazon ($28.99).
- Mama necklace ($50): the perfect Mother’s Day gift! And supporting a small, female-owned business from Minneapolis.
- Jewelry organizer($85) relieve mom from the agony of detangling necklaces and jewelry during a travel trip. Not that anyone’s really traveling these days, but something to look forward to after all of this! This jewelry organizer is not only incredibly cute, but is so practical and can even be monogrammed! Perfect for that someone who has everything and just are stumped on what to get them.
- Vitruvi essential oil diffuser ($119): an investment, but worth it. I use mine EVERY SINGLE DAY. It’s so gorgeous and a welcome addition to any side table.
- Grocery / farmer’s market bags: Now is the time to improve sustainability habits! I adore my Stasher bags (prices vary, starting at $10) and use them every single day. I also love reusable farmers market bags as well as grocery produce bags (bundle for $28.97).
- Wine subscription: is it just me or does everyone seems to be guzzling more wine right now? So why not (alternative spelling: wine ot) gift your loved one with wines that are full of taste but void of added sugars of sulfites:
- Usual wines (starting at $48 for 6 glasses): A large glass of wine in each bottle makes for easy serving sizes. The packaging is absolutely adorable and feels like such a treat upon arrival. With rose, red, brut, and mixed pack options, there’s surely something for everyone. You can choose either 6, 12, 18, or 24 glasses.
- Dry Farm Wines (starting at $159 per shipment for 6 bottles): this comes out to $26.50 per bottle of wine. The price comes with the promise that all wines are curated through natural farming, with sustainable and biodynamic farming techniques. No sulfites, added sugars, or chemical additives for aroma, color, flavor or texture enhancement.
- Meal subscription: the gift of not having to think about going to the grocery store is a big gift indeed. My favorites include:
- SunBasket:all organic with vegetarian options!
- Daily Harvest: smoothies, flatbreads, grain bowls, and snacks
- Purple Carrot: plant-based
- Life Alive (if you’re a Boston local – code LEMONS for free shipping)
- Surprise them with their favorite meal from their favorite local restaurant!
- Donate to a charity of their choice.
- Some new books, puzzles, or board games
- books: I recently read The Nightingale, The Great Alone, and I Capture the Castle, and I loved all of them!). On the
- games: Loving Codenames and Cribbage lately!
- If all else fails, you can really never go wrong with flowers.
I’d like to whole heartedly recommend Sheltered Co. for weighted blankets. They are all handmade in LA, from deadstock fabric leftover from the fashion industry. They are currently completely sold out, but are so worth waiting for. Each blanket is special and unique.
Thank you! Will have to check them out!!