Whenever I meal prep I like to have ingredients leftover that can easily be transformed to others. So that you have the basics on hand, but aren’t eating the same boring thing every day. For example, I used some pre-bathched sautéed kale and mushrooms, mixed it with some pre-made quinoa, added an egg and boom: breggfast is served.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to instructions
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups mushroom, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos / soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 avocado
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- In a saute pan, combine mushrooms and onions with oil and stir until wilted down and onions are translucent. Add kale and continue stirring.
- Add in coconut aminos, sesame oil, garlic powder, dried ginger, salt and pepper and stir for an additional 5 minutes.
- When completed, add pineapple and stir until thawed.
- In a separate pot, add enough water to cover egg, and boil water. Once boil, place egg in the water. Cover the pot and let boil for 6 minutes. Once finished, run egg under very cold water or place in ice bath for 2-3 minutes. Peel off shell.
- Layer bowl with quinoa, mushroom/kale/pineapple mixture and egg. Add avocado and enjoy!
(check out what else is in my apartment / decor in this post)