At the beginning of every month, I like to take inventory: of my finances, my fridge, my closet, and my cabinet. Just to see what I have and maximize its utility. I USUALLY have ingredients on hand to make a granola, so sharing today a little recipe using things you likely also have lying around listlessly in your cabinets!
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup nuts (I used pecans)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used tahini)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (I used dried cherries)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (I used honey)
- optional add ins: flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, bee pollen, cacao powder
Line a parchment paper. Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 10-12 minutes. (for really chunky granola, press the mixture down after stirring half way. let cool when you remove from the oven, then break apart into large chunks).