One thing I know to be true is my truest love and adoration for tequila. So I stepped up my margarita game with this little number. Ginger honey thyme margaritas. If you don’t have thyme, that’s fine. They’re amazing just with the ginger honey reduction, too!
For the syrup: (enough for 4 drinks)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cups water
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme (if you don’t have thyme that’s okay, honey ginger on its own is also FAB).
- Bring water to a boil and add honey and ginger. Reduce to simmer and keep on heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add thyme, and let thyme soak for 10 minutes.
- Remove sprigs of thyme and blend remaining mixture (water, honey, ginger). Strain to remove particles with a cheese cloth or nut milk bag.
For the margarita (one):
- 2 oz silver tequila
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-4 tbsp honey ginger syrup
- Optional garnish with fresh thyme and a drizzle of honey
- Combine all, except us, shake, and serve over ice.