Nothing quite soothes the soul like a dinner that’s ready, set, go in under 30 minutes. AND if you use just the right sprinkle of imagination, can be two dinners in one. I absolutely love this super simple sauce because with a little added coconut milk, it’s the most delightful creamy roasted red pepper soup! Talk about the ultimate dinner BOGO.
- 1 package pasta of choice (I used chickpea)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional add-ins for pasta: kale, zucchini
- Dice bell peppers and onions and sauté until they become fragrant, about 5-7 minutes. Add in diced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender.
- Add coconut milk and remaining spices.
- Blend until smooth.
Use for sauce over pasta. Or add a full can of full fat coconut milk for a creamy red pepper soup!