I was gazing at the nut butter aisle at the grocery store the other day and could feel my blood pressure rising. Combination of being impatient because I was desperately craving the olives I had just curated for myself from the antipasto bar and frustrated at the additives in nut butters. I don’t understand the need to add sugars and oils to certain items that frankly don’t need them. And then something happened. I realized I could just go home and make own nut butter. So that is exactly what I did. And guess what it tasted better because my blood, sweat, and tears went into it. Jk those are not in the ingredient list, only almonds, vanilla extract and cinnamon are.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place almond on a tray and bake for 15 minutes. (Heating almonds first makes the nut butter creamier. Learned this genius little trick from Minimalist Baker).
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place in food processor let run for 5 minutes, scraping down sides as needed (I only needed to do this once after about a minute).
- Add in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Turn food processor back on for about another 5 minutes.