It’s hard for me to type this. I am currently in a haze(lnut) attempting to exercise self control knowing these are in the freezer.
Insert page break to represent I just went to the freezer to have one. Okay, I’m back. I can go on now. Anyways, I can’t get on board when people put carrots in buns and call them “hot dogs” or when watermelon is covered with frosting and called “cake.” For this reason, I really don’t know what to call these. Maybe I’m speechless of their title as indication you’ll be speechless when you try them. Not really mousse and not cheesecake and not ice-cream but fluffy and dense and chilled and nutty and chocolatey.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in hot water)
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water overnight or for a few hours (more you soak, the smoother the mousse will be)
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (if unflavored, add in cinnamon, nutmeg, a little vanilla extract and 1 tsp of maple syrup for extra flavoring)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Nutiva dark chocolate hazelnut spread (or just melted dark chocolate)
Get it going:
- Blend cashews and dates in the food processor until mixture sticks together.
- Spread this layer on a piece of wax paper or directly in a baking dish
- Next, pulse soaked cashews, cashew milk, coconut oil, cacao powder, and hazelnut spread or dark chocolate together until smooth
- Spread on top of date/cashew mixture
- Top with hazelnut spread swirls or more dark chocolate!
- Freeze overnight or for 3-4 hours.