If you’re someone who wants to contribute to the holiday cooking party but wants nothing to do with complicated ingredients, this one is for you.
All you have to do is buy a few simple ingredients, bake the cauliflower then assemble. Total in-time kitchen is probably less than 5 minutes. Especially if you don’t even chop the cauliflower.
- She’s a decent source of fiber – go gut stuff! In fact, she’s got 2g per cup! Pour one out for healthy digestion.
- Lots of antioxidants – helping protect us from free radicals (aka a big source of inflammation)
- It contains something called sulforaphane, which some studies link to decreased rates of some cancers
- Cauliflower also contains choline, which is the ingredient found in eggs. This mighty nutrient helps with communication of our cells, in both their structure and function. It also helps with fat metabolism / absorption. FURTHERMORE, it’s necessary for making acetylcholine, which assists with memory and muscle movement.
- Can bind with bile acids to help get cholesterol out of the body
Okay now that we’ve covered some basics, here’s the incredibly tasty why to call on some cauliflower:
- 1 whole head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon
- avocado oil, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Cover the cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper and cook for 40 minutes
- When finished, remove from the oven and top away
- Sprinkle with chopped dill, feta, pine nuts, juice of 1/2 lemon
- Drizzle with tahini on top
This dish is so impressive with such minimal work. And if you have leftovers, it’s great for tossing an egg on in the morning for a quick breakfast!