Another Monday. Or in 2020 speak, just day. Today was a tough one for me. Like crying at non-emotional scenes of reality television kind of rough. Not that I’m regularly watching reality television in the middle of the day…. DON’T LOOK AT ME, LEAVE ME ALONE, LET ME LIVE. Anyways, so I’m not able to expend much in the cognitive resources department for dinner. Hence this super simple butternut squash. AND I took the guesswork out of figuring out what to eat this week. A new meal plan + grocery guide using mostly pantry staples below too!
You can find the meal plan here: PANTRY STAPLES GROCERY GUIDE 2
on the menu
- breakfast: cinnamon roll smoothie, chia seed pudding parfait, breakfast sandwich
- entrees: butternut squash soup, roasted vegetable bowls w tahini sauce, sweet potato veggie mac and cheese
- snacks: apple pie oatmeal cookies, ginger turmeric latte, dates stuffed with almond butter, celery / apple with almond butter, carrots / celery with hummus
And I’ve got you covered for the butternut squash recipe, too!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- avocado oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2.5 cups bone broth (or vegetable broth for vegan option)
Do it up:
Preheat oven to 400F. Peel butternut squash and slice. Coat with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast for 45-50 minutes. While roasting, saute onions and garlic on stove top until fragrant and translucent. When both are complete, add all ingredietns to blender and blend until smooth.