Sharing some recipes that I’ve been having for breakfast on repeat lately!
Dark chocolate cherry smoothie:
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. I use BeWellByKelly (code LEMONS for discount). Protein powder review post here.
- 1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- yogurt of choice (I’ve been loving Culina lately)
- fruit (raspberries, golden berries, and pomegranate are my seasonal choices)
- love adding a bit of mint on top for a refreshing kick
- in lieu of a nut butter I love a drizzle of olive oil on top
Carrot cake breakfast cookies:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- dashes of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine oats/almond flour and spices in one bowl, all other ingredients in another. Combine wet with dry and fold in walnuts. Form into cookies and bake for ~15 minutes.