I have been so fortunate to have been able to participate in various dance communities within Boston. Dance was something I grew up with and continued throughout college. So it was important for me to continue to have this outlet in my adult years. I’ve been able to do that through DanceWorks Boston, but if you’re not ready for that kind of commitment, there are lots of options. I’ve included some places that I love to take a drop-in class below. If there are any others you know and love, please let me know!
- As mentioned above – DanceWorks Boston. There is an audition process for this, held twice a year. If casted in a piece, you meet one hour per week per dance for ~4 months. And then there’s a performance! Rehearsals held in South Boston, MA.
- The Dance Complex – Cambridge, MA
- Urbanity Dance – I absolutely love Levi’s class on Tuesday nights from 7:30 – 9. He runs the best warm-up! South End, Boston
- The Studio: A dance center for adults – Brookline, MA
- Tilted Collab – This was started by a few friends of mine who I met through DWB. The style is contemporary fusion with different choreographers coming every week. All profits are donated to different charities! Rehearsals held in Brighton, MA
- Boston Ballet – has open both beginner, intermediate and advanced classes. Held in both Boston and Newton, MA.
- Jose Mateo Ballet Theatre – has ballet classes for adults ranging from beginner to intermediate / advanced. Cambridge, MA