So I know making plans these days is especially challenging. And I’m by no means advocating for throwing social distancing guidelines out the window. But there are definitely opportunities to go and explore the great outdoors in a safe and mindful way!
While some places may not be officially open, they’re in cute little towns that are fun to explore!
- Nantaskut Beach – Hull, MA
- Laid-back beach for swimming, body surfing & other water activities, with food & shops nearby.
- Lobster Pound – Ogunquit, ME
- world renowned lobster rolls available for curbside pick-up! and fun to make a day trip out of it.
- Cape Cod:
- There are just SO many fun things to do and see on Cape Cod. My personal favorite is a breakfast/ lunch date at Rory’s Market in Mashpee Commons. You can also grab some bikes and bike along the Shining Sea Bikeway! Make a fun day trip out of it and explore. Also HIGHLY recommend the lobster rolls from Raw Bar, also available for pick up.
- Minute Man Bikeway – Boston, MA
- A gorgeous and scenic route spanning through Cambridge, Arlington, and Lexington.
- Mount Monadnock hike- Jaffrey, NH
- a 3 hour drive but well worth the views. The hike is ~3-4 hours long. Make sure to make a reservation prior to going.
- Walden Pond – Concord, MA
- A quick but scenic walk around one of Massachusetts’ most historic landscapes – where Thoureau did some of his writing. There’s also a one way loop system to promote social distancing!
- Mendon Drive-In – Mendon, MA
- grab some snacks and go see a movie in your car!
- James Hook Lobster Rolls – Boston, MA
- take a walk around downtown Boston, grab a lobster roll from a historic location and just soak in that summer sun!
- Singing Beach – Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA
- beaches are only open to residents but the most delightful little spot to walk around and look at real estate
- Watch some comedy from ImprovBoston
- they continue to have free shows and are just asking for donations! Grab your laptop, set up a blanket, grab some wine and get ready to do the haha sound.
More cool ideas in this blog post.