If there is someone who claims that a product will singularly solve your skin problems, they are lying to you. I firmly, firmly believe that 90% of skincare is diet. And the other 10% is finding some really great products that serve as the exclamation point to a glowy complexion.
One time I made waffles for my sister and her response was, “is there gluten in them?…” Upon learning that there was not, she said “then I don’t want them.” It’s odd but she actually prides herself on a high-gluten, high-sugar diet (I swear we’re related). Each time I frequent her apartment she offers me a gummy worm or sour patch kid. Every time we go out to eat, she always orders a Coke. Yes, a millennial in 2017
Let’s face it, or rather armpit it, there is nothing SCENTsual about having underarm odor. It’s the pits really, and perhaps that’s where the phrase originates. But this is the risk associated with switching to an all natural deodorant. While getting used to the extra sweat can be a bit of an adjustment, as natural deodorants are not anti-perspirants, making the swap is usually the first recommended in the realm of natural beauty products. Unlike the liver, the skin
I officially deem these sustainaballs. Because they are made so sustainably!! And they’re little bites / balls! Made my own almond milk, and then used the leftover pulp to make into chocolate energy balls. AND even used the almond milk in the balls. Everything came full circle with the ingredients. Hence they’re in the shape of a circle. Recipe below + learn a bit more about chaga (one of the ingredients) at the bottom of the post!
I’m a(l)fred(o) this is another post where I struggle to configure a proper name for the dish. I wish a dish name could be just adjectives rather than nouns. If so, the title of this post would be tomato-y, coconut-y, vegetable packed pasta covering. It was intended to be a pseudo vodka sauce, but turned out a bit differently. Very savory, very flavory, and nutrient dense as heck. Check it out below!
I am so excited to write this post. Mostly because I want to see how many times I can say “sitting is the new smoking” before I get annoyed with myself. This post is about how to increase movement throughout the day, combined with decreasing low levels of inflammation, as I think the two go hand in hand. Oftentimes I think it’s easy to put health into distinct categories of which you can check off boxes: good diet, 1
Prior to Pinner (BP if you will), I was a self-proclaimed chickpea enthusiast. Falafel dipped in hummus was my favorite meal and tubs of HOPE kale pesto hummus would mysteriously disappear hours upon arriving home from the grocery store. Even the Instagram accounts I naturally navigated to / best connected with had chickpea in the name – hummaspien, chickpeainthecity. But then, one fated Monday morning, a stork brought my Pinner Test results to my email inbox, revealing sensitivities
I really wanted these to be burgers, like desperately wanted. But they, instead, wanted their identify to be muffins. The dough came out a bit too play-doughy. Rather than scrapping the batter in its entirety, I tossed on the thinking cap, lined a muffin tray, popped them in the oven and the result was perhaps even better than burgers. The food spoke to me, and who am I to try to mold it into something that it simply isn’t
When I think of comfort food, I think of my mom’s banana bread. More specifically, the top of the bread. I used to sneak down into the kitchen to find the bread happily in its oven home, resting peacefully in the warm, dark chamber. Like a monster, I would disrupt its sleep cycle and quietly tear off the top of the loaf – the part with the mo(i)st dense and flavorful starch (acceptable to use that word with parentheses? Probably
Earlier this week, I was taken off the waitlist at a PA program, and struggled with the decision of whether or not to attend. After deep considering (and SO much help from Instagram homies), I have officially decided to accept. And I couldn’t be more thrilled. Here are some of the arguments for both sides, which I hope will help guide others’ decision, as it so dramatically helped mine.